Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday

I was at church today.  Not unusual.  I sing in the choir and today is Palm Sunday.  The priest, the lector, the congregation and one other voice recite the passion according to Luke.  We go through the triumphal entrance into Jerusalem just before Passover to his burial in a borrowed tomb.  The crucifixion is where I got my revelation.   It was while he was on the cross as two thieves were also being executed.  One guy says to Jesus that if he is who he says he is, why doesn't he save himself and them.  The other thief (We call him the Good Thief) rebukes the man and reminds him that they both deserve their death sentences, but that Jesus had done nothing.  Then the Good Thief says to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when you come unto your kingdom."  The son of God and man says directly to him, "I promise you that this day you shall be with me in Paradise."  In spite of all my research, I have found NO reference to any other individual who got such a commitment.  The rest of us got the criteria we have to meet to get into heaven, but he got a guarantee,

No comments:

Post a Comment