Friday, September 6, 2013

Between the Dark and the Daylight....

I am generally a pretty happy camper.  Even the vicissitudes of life don't beat me down too badly nor for too long.  Lately, however, I have been visited by a darkness of increasing intensity.  I see it coming on and recognize it for what it seems to be.....plain old, garden-variety depression.  No matter what the healthcare and pharmaceutical communities tell you, there is NO drug that fixes it.  I suffer from "situational" depression.  The issues stem from my seeming inability to change the circumstances that cause the pain or sadness.  Acceptance of not having control over something or the ability to even impact it has never been my strong suit.  It is a character flaw.  What can I say?  I am a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment