Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dream a little dream.......

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. again this morning.  The cause was a living color, more real than real, flash back forty years in the past.  I could hear the sounds and feel the pain and fear as I experienced it.......... survived it, all those years ago.  I started to remember the details I had blocked out for so long.  I had to take Ativan just to face getting dressed and driving to the doctor's office.  All of the missing pieces began falling into place.  However, it isn't over yet.  I told them I was afraid to go to sleep.  They ordered a really strong sleeping medication and increased the amount of Ativan I have to take for the next thirty-six hours.  Thursday morning I will undergo a therapy that should resolve the emotional trauma and resulting complications.  As I take my sleeping pill, I lift my water glass in a toast and pray for no dreams tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment