Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Eastern Standard Time

I really dislike Eastern Standard Time.  It is mid-November at  5:40 p.m. (that's 1740 H) to you guys on the military clock) and it is DARK.........as in night time.......I don't mean dusk or twilight........I mean night.  I don't have a problem getting up in the dark.  I like taking my walk before the world starts buzzing around in the full light of day.  But I start my day in the dark and it gets dark again long before I end it.  To me it would make far more sense to just keep Eastern Daylight Time all year round.  We can save a bit on the electric bill in the summer and reduce the amount of anti-depressant medication  needed in the winter due to shorter daylight exposure.  Seems like a win-win situation to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment