Thursday, November 5, 2009

Free to see and feel and be...........

Today was an extraordinary day.  It was so special because I was able to put down a burden I have carried for a lifetime.  With help, I put it down and walked on.  I was able to examine it, pack it up and place it out of the way.  I will not forget it.  I will not suppress it.  The really important thing is that it no longer has the power to hurt me.  For that gift, I am more grateful than I can say.  I see more sharply, hear more clearly, feel more intensely, and have slowed my continuous run to an appropriate walk.  This way I will not miss the important things in my life or the lives of those I love.  There is no overwhelming sense of urgency, no sense that time is running away from me.  I am in the here and now and tomorrow will have to take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment