Sunday, November 1, 2009

When the saints go marching in.....

Today was All Saints Day.  Believe it or not, we opened with a really jazzed up version of "When the Saints Go Marchin' In".  I couldn't believe it, but we sounded really hot.  We were so good, we got applause.   I felt great about it even though I was a little unsure of myself with all of the new music.   Everyone was friendly.  I had been asked to stay for the noon mass.  It turned out there were only six of us, including the pianist and the director.  The director, Marianne, gave me a music stand and my own microphone.  It made me very self-conscious.  I was praised over and over again and I, who can talk about anything without becoming embarrassed, was so embarrassed, it made me cry.  Thus was my debut in the choir.

No comments:

Post a Comment